Ascension is a PC & Mac compatible 64-bit workstation synth. Reviewed 4/5 Stars in Computer Music Magazine (issue CM259).
With 4 powerful, FM enabled oscillators you can choose any mixture of subtractive, wavetable synthesis and a huge 6 GB ROM sound library. You’ll also get over 1300 ready-to-go presets along with over 1500 oscillator waveforms and 3400 MIDI loops.
The synth also includes a multi-FX unit with ‘Drag n Drop’ signal processing chain, an arpeggiator with MIDI loop player (with ‘Drag and Drop’ support straight in to your DAW) along with a collection of over 3400 dancefloor ready royalty-free MIDI loops and much more.
Version 1.5.1 features:
• Native Support for M1 Silicon Mac OS 11.
• VST2 Support Discontinued.
• CPU/ Voice/ OSC usage bars added under Settings.
• Added choice for CPU or GPU UI rendering under Settings.
• Filter bypass feature added.
• Over 1300 presets included (Incl. new sounds for this version).
• 3 Oscillator types
• Four multi-select oscillators.
• High shelf and low shelf filters for each oscillator.
• Frequency modulation controls for each oscillator type.
• Pitch detune for each oscillator, with control over unison voices & width.
• Three oscillator types (subtractive, waveform, ROM).
• Waveform generator and editor for oscillators and LFOs.
• Waveform import.
• Two arpeggiator types: MIDI Player mode (3400 patterns), and internally controlled.
• Preset, oscillator & MIDI library browsers.
• Nine filter types including lowpass, highpass and bandpass.
• ASDR amplitude and filter envelopes.
• Four auxiliary modulation envelopes.
• Eight modulation matrix destinations.
• 2 LFOs with a choice of 4 waveforms & custom waveform mode.
• 6 FX units with configurable signal chain.
• Light and dark skin options.
• Windows & Mac VST3 / Audio Unit
• 64-Bit Plug-In only.